Friday, February 24, 2012

February

Chris & Drogba winning their first point the day Drogba turned 6 months old.  Judge Pat Trotter

Well, February shows have come and gone for us.  As you can see I sure haven't been keeping you guys up to date as well as I should.  Just doesn't seem like I have enough hours in the day anymore.  I promise I will try and do better come March.

We only went two places in February but both were pretty far.

We started out in Indianapolis, IN.  This is where BeckhamOtis and Marty started their show careers.  BeckhamOtis showed both days picking up a 3rd and 2nd (behind Marty) while Marty showed on Sunday only and picked up 1st place in 6-9 winning his first trophy!
The border collies sure picked up points on Saturday but didn't do so hot on Sunday.  Henry picked up a 3pt gch major by going BOS and Izzy was Select Bitch for 4pts.
Yoda brought home another huge BOB worth 29 breed points and was Select dog on Saturday picking up a total of 10 GCH points in one weekend!  WOW!  Can't believe my little brother came home with 10 points.  Nothing in group but he did get a look!

Weekend after Indianapolis we headed to West Friendship, MD.  Thankfully the weather was pretty nice.  Faith showed well and picked up 2 first placements but no points this time. 
Yoda showed Saturday only and was select dog for 1pt (he had a judge change though).
Breah came back to visit the ring and showed well Saturday but did really well on Sunday picking up a major reserve!  I think she might get some points soon if she keeps showing well. ;-)
Henry won BOB on Sunday to pick up 2 more GCH points.  Izzy was BOS for 1 GCH point on Saturday and brother Matty made his first apperance in the ring on Sunday picking up select but sadly didn't get any points for his win.
Seeley was shown on Sunday he is owned/bred by Sue Rocco.  I think Leslie said he was 7 months...he sure was silly but he gained some confidence and won his class.  Leslie was pleased with how he showed and was happy that Sue was happy with him as well.
Marty showed on Saturday and picked up his first reserve.  We are very happy that he was aknowledged out of all the males there but sure hope he doesn't become a reserve king.

I'm happy to say we will have three weeks off and then we will be full stream ahead for spring time.  Business is picking up soon which really makes me happy because I love meeting the new dogs Leslie & Chris get.  Never a dull moment with my folks thats for sure!

Look for me at a show near you in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment